Summer is not over yet! There is still time to accomplish a few little project just like this adorable turtle from the Gardening in the shade. This turtle made of succulents and moss is not only cute, but also a very nice decor element in the back or front yard.
- A hanging basket
- Coconut liner
- 4 small clay pots
- Sphagnum moss
- Wire mesh (chicken wire)
- You will need to keep the metal part of the flower basket.
- Fill the receptacle with potting soil, and fix a fabric underneath with the wire mesh in order to hold everything in place.
- Shape the head and tail of the turtle with the moss, and use wire mesh to hold everything in place.
- Attach the legs with wire. You can cover them with moss, paint them or even leave them as it for a natural look.
- Drill small holes in the shell of the turtle, and plant your cacti and other succulents there!
- You can fill the holes with moss: as you go, the plants will grow and fill the space. All you have to do is water and maintain your garden turtle with care, to obtain the a beautiful result!
You can watch the tutorial below for more details.
Do you like garden DIYs?