Would you like to have a water fountain on your table in the garden?
And you would like to make it yourself? It's very easy using terra cotta pots!
When wet, terracotta is easier to drill and to file!
Add stones, plants or flowers to it, follow your taste!
You can find water pump systems for fountains in gardening centers or supermarkets.
Watch the first video to see how it's made.
And watch the 2nd video to see it working!
YOU WILL NEED:
- A water pump system for fountains
- A 14 inch (35 cm) terracotta saucer,
- A 7 inch (17 cm) terracotta saucer,
- A 6 inch (15 cm) terracotta saucer
- 3 terracotta saucers of 3 inch (8 cm)
- A terracotta pot of 6 inches (15 cm) and one of 4 inches (10 cm)
- A plastic pipe
- Clear acrylic sealer
- An electric drill
1) Start by spraying 1 to 2 coats of clear acrylic sealer to make the largest saucer waterproof.
2) Soak all the other pots and saucers for 1 hour, it will be easier to drill them and file them afterwards
3) Place the saucers on a piece of wood to drill them
4) Use the file to enlarge the holes as needed
5) Mount the fountain by following the video
6) Seal the pipes with silicone glue
Check out the video to see the fountain working!