Would like to get your old bath towels transformed and save money? Here is the perfect project for you.
With a few sewing stitches and your hands, you will be able to make yourself a very fluffy and really cute bath mat. So, you will not have to spend for a carpet in store!
Here are the materials to start this project:
- 3 or 4 bath towels
- Cutting mat (recommended but optional)
- Rotary cutter (recommended but optional)
- Sewing pins and needle
- Sewing thread
And now, here is a summary of the procedure (we recommend you to watch the video at the end of this page):
* Cut towels into strips 3 inches wide using your cutting mat and rotary cutter (you can still do the work with a standard pair of scissors but handling the strips will not be that simple).
* Place three (3) strips on top of each other - If necessary, pinch up and make a few stitches (remove the pin).
* For the top band, fold one side towards the center (starting at the top) and do the same with the other side (you will get a thin strip in the center).
* Pinch and repeat the process to fold the entire band (removing pins as you go). Repeat with the other two strips.
* Make a braid with the three (3) strips by removing the pins as you go.
* Once the first braid is completed, repeat the process to produce a long braid (you will need to sew the ends together).
* Once the long braid is completed, secure the end with wire.
* On your work surface, you only have to turn the braid on itself to create a tight spiral. Make sewing stitches here and there to secure everything in place.
Here is a video that will help you learn the technique.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeednifty/?fref=ts · Photo Credit: Photo(s) à la une / article : Capture écran via Fity/Buzzfeed (page facebook)