Everybody likes to get take-out food once in a while, but you can also cook delicious food at home! Try this recipe for tonight's dinner, the whole family will love it! Serve with rice or steamed vegetables.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 thumb size ginger (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (diluted in 1 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 egg
- ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Start by making the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the chicken, egg, pepper and cooking wine. Add in the flour and mix using a wooden spoon or your hands until the chicken well coated.
- Fry the chicken in small batches until golden brown for around 5 minutes. Discard of the used oil.
- In the pan, saute garlic and ginger and pour the sauce in. Bring to a boil and add the diluted cornstarch. Stir until you achieve a nice thick sauce.
- Add the chicken back in and toss until well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Do you like take-out food? What is your favourite?