If you are a fan of cheesecake and egg roll you can now have best of both world with this cheesecake egg roll recipe. This dessert should take about half and hour to make and does not require a lot of ingredients.
If you want to learn how to make them, see the instructions and the video below.
- For the sauce
- 2 cup of chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- For the egg roll
- 2 blocks(or about 8 ounce ) of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- A Pinch kosher salt
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for garnish
1. Combine the strawberries water and sugar in a small pan on medium heat and bring to simmer then cook for around 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture is thick. Frequently stir to avoid clumps and set aside.
2. Combine the cream cheese blocks with sugar, sour cream, vanilla and kosher salt in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients together.
3. Use a clean surface to place the egg roll wrappers and line 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture in a line in the centre of the wrappers. Then fold the wrappers as seen on the video. Use a few drops of water to seal the fold.
4. Use a large pan on medium heat to heat the oil first until you can see bubbles. Add the egg rolls until they are golden that should take about 1 minute per side. Then place them on a paper-towel to cool down and absorb any excess oil.
5. Sprinkle the egg rolls with powdered sugar and top with the strawberry sauce or serve on the side.
The final result should look like this
Our friends over at Delish filmed the recipe to help you recreate it at home:
This is a great dessert if you are excepting guests for dinner, they will be impressed by this easy recipe. Would you be trying it?