You might think that it is a joke, but no - we are very serious, pickle cheesecake is a real thing! Now, it might not be exactly what you think. See it more as a "dip" than a dessert! Filled with delicious goat cheese, it will surely make a great conversation if you are having guests over. Here's how to make it.
- 1 1/2 cup Pretzels (Crushed)
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter (Melted)
- 2 packages favourite brand cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 log goat cheese (10 oz.)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan (grated)
- 2 cup favourite brand pickles (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp. dill (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Bread (for serving)
- Start by preheating the oven to 325°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pretzels with butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 8” or 9” springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream and pickle juice. Beat until smooth with a hand mixer. Add in eggs one at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the parmesan, 1/2 c chopped pickles, garlic, dill, salt, red pepper flakes and onion powder. Season with black pepper to taste and fold gently with a spoon or spatula until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Add half of the cheese mixture to pan and smooth into an even layer. Top with a layer of 1 cup of chopped pickles, then add the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Bake until slightly golden and set in the middle for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool completely. Cover with a plastic film and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For serving, add the remaining pickles and dill for garnish. Serve with your favourite bread on the side or crackers. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe below!
Will you try this cheesecake recipe? Share with all your friends that love pickles!