If you are hosting for the holiday season you have to try this recipe. The Spaghetti and Meatball Nests are a Good House Keeping take on the traditional pasta dish. To learn how to make it, simply follow the directions below.
- 4 oz. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 24 cooked meatballs from the store (or your own!)
- 1 cup of warm marinara sauce
- Cook the spaghetti or angel hair pasta as per the directions on the package; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat the oven to 400°F and using a nonstick cooking spray coat a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Beat the egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon of salt then add the cooked pasta in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the Parmesan and Mozzarella. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the pasta mixture in each cup of muffin pan. Create the nest shape by pressing the pasta in the centre and the sides.
- Bake until the nests are golden brown, that should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the nests to a large plate of your choice.
- In a medium pan, heat the meatballs with the marinara sauce.
- Add one saucy meatball to each nest with and sprinkle with grated Parmesan on top.
So yummy looking!