Do not hesitate to add some extra vegetables you have on hand.
- 1 pound of steak cut into strips
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of mirin
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 crown of broccoli
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- canola oil
- Sesame oil
- 3 to 4 teaspoons of sriracha
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder and cornstarch.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag and add strips of beef. Marinate for 30 to 90 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and one tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok, add the beef and toss the marinade. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring half-time. Remove the steak, cover and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of sesame oil and cook the broccoli for about 1-2 minutes, then add the bell peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, the peas and the mushroom and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove all vegetables from the wok and add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
- Return the beef and cooked vegetables to the wok.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of sriracha to taste.
Source: Recette adaptée de Small town woman · Photo Credit: istock