This delicious creamy tomato soup requires only one pot and can be made with canned tomatoes! It's a perfect quick and inexpensive dinner or lunch idea. You can serve with a delicious sandwich or fresh bread on the side.
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp garlic (garlic)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp fresh basil (or half if you are using dried)
- 1 to 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil pesto (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 798 ml can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs or fresh tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add in the garlic and cook for around 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and combine.
- Add in the basil, sugar, salt and pesto if using. Cook for 1 minute while stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the milk and combined. Cook on medium heat until it has thickened while often stirring.
- Finally, add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and Parmesan if wanted. Stir until well combined.
- You can puree with an immersion blender for a nicer texture. Enjoy!
Do you like soups? They are great with a delicious grilled-cheese or sandwich!