Garlic bread is a great side for any pasta dinner but it's also a good accompaniment with meat or festive dinners! This recipe is one of the best we tried! But be careful, because your family will ask for it at every dinner ;-)
- 1 loaf bread (Italian recommended)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Romano cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise to create two long halves.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together butter and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the two cheeses.
- Spread the garlic butter over both halves of bread and place them on a baking pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned or to your taste.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the mixed cheeses and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How often do you make garlic bread? We think its the best accompaniment!