The colder months definitely call for more comfort food. And what is better than a warm soup during these months? Have you ever tried the great classic Italian wedding soup? It is not only reserved for big celebrations! Here is the delicious recipe from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta (small soup pasta)
- 1 small head endive, trimmed and
- Start by making the small meatballs; in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, onion, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in ground beef and shape in about forty 1 inch meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in a large skillet and drain on paper towels.
- In a slow cooker, or large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, dried oregano, salt, pepper and meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 6 hours or high-heat for 3 hours.
- In the last 20 minutes of cooking, add in pasta, endive and fresh oregano. If you wish, garnish with oregano sprigs. Enjoy!
What is your favourite soup recipe?