Originally, this dessert was prepared with "butterfinger" bars. Do you know these chocolate treats? They are American and not easy to find in Quebec.
So I created a version made with "Crispy crunch" and seriously, it's better!
- 1 packet (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 7 bars (48 g) crispy crunch, crushed (reserve 2 to sprinkle on top)
- 1 (8 oz.) frozen garnish, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1 Oreo or Graham biscuit crust
- Whisk cream cheese and peanut butter with electric blender until smooth.
- Add vanilla and caster sugar and whisk to incorporate.
- Add crispy crunch bars and fold with a spatula.
- Add Cool Whip and fold gently.
- Pour into the crust and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle crumbled crispy crunch bars on top.
A dessert quickly made and without oven!