A farmer planted 1.2 million sunflowers to surprise his wife for their 50th wedding anniversary, reports ABC.
This beautiful story worthy of a fairy tale happened in Kansas.
Knowing that his wife Renee loved sunflowers, Lee Wilson decided to plant them in his field.
The least we can say is that he didn't do things by halves. Indeed, it is a field of 80 acres that he covered with about 15,000 sunflowers per acre. That's a total of 1.2 million sunflowers... You bet!
It was last May that Lee Wilson undertook this operation like no other with the help of his son.
The couple has been together since high school and Lee Wilson wanted to make a big impression.
"I have thought a lot about it, and she has always loved sunflowers," he confides.
He hit the mark because Renne seems to adore her gift. "It made me feel very special. There could not have been a more perfect birthday gift than a field of sunflowers," she assures.
As you can imagine, this extraordinary field now attracts curious onlookers...
We wish this lovely couple a superb anniversary!
- They get married in the hospital after the husband suffered a serious accident just before the ceremony
- « I am in a thruple with a married couple and we have decided to have children together »
- He discovers that his fiancée has cheated on him numerous times and gets revenge on the wedding day
- A woman becomes the target of internet users because of her too "provocative" wedding dress
- Eminem's adopted daughter got married and the photos are sublime