During this pandemic, we cooked, cooked and cooked. And we're starting to run out of ideas! And we want less than before spending hours in the kitchen making complex recipes ...
Everyone needs quick, tasty dinners! Meals that will not put off children and that will also delight the taste buds of their parents.
Here is a great suggestion that your family will love, in addition to saving you on washing dishes!
This lemon butter chicken can be prepared and cooked in one pan and we love it!
Little effort, for a sublime taste! Wow!
Everyone will love this crispy skin, juicy meat simmered in a delicious lemon buttercream sauce infused with paprika. It will be better than at the restaurant! Serve this dish with green vegetables and the meal will be complete! A weekday meal that looks like a five star dinner!
Here's how to prepare this recipe ...
- 4 chicken thighs or breasts (with or without bones)
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) smoked paprika
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (65 g) grated Parmesan
- 2 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- The juice of one lemon (plus the zest, if you want more lemon flavor)
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon (5 g) dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C).
2. Season the chicken with paprika, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
3. Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
5. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
6. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cooking fat in the pot and drain off the excess.
7. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
8. Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream and Parmesan.
9. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the spinach leaves. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
10 Stir in the lemon juice, thyme and lemon zest (if using).
12. Return the chicken to the pan and transfer to the oven.
13. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until internal chicken temperature reaches 165 ° F (73 ° C).
Enjoy your meal!
Watch all the steps of this recipe: