Here's a fun idea for the Easter season (or any other time of year). Kids will love making bird treats from seeds, making them look like Easter eggs.
Then hang them outside to say welcome to spring and the charming birds!
The whole family can participate in preparing these pretty eggs, which attract wonderful birds in the garden or on the terrace.
Here is how to do it.
1. Combine ¾ cup of flour, 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of corn syrup in a bowl.
2. Add 4 cups of birdseed.
3. Spray the inside of the plastic eggs with cooking spray.
4. Pour the seed mixture into both sides of the plastic egg.
5. Close the egg completely carefully, so that the top half and bottom half are firmly glued together.
6. When the eggs are full, place them in a muffin pan and carefully open them at the smaller end. Let them dry for a few hours
7. Remove the eggs from the second half of the plastic shell and return them to the muffin tin with the dry side down and the newly released side up to let them fully dry for about an hour.
To hang the eggs, we suggest using raffia or bright spring-colored thread.
To do this, cut two pieces about 30-32 inches apart and tie the two pieces together with a knot in the center. It is better to proceed with two pairs of hands!
While one person holds the egg, the other puts the knot in the center of the base of the egg and spreads the raffia like an X. Then let the raffia drape to the top of the egg, forming a pattern. sort of cradle. Then take two strands in each hand and use them to tie a tight double knot at the top of the egg.
Take a look at the steps below!
If desired, tie a knot on top of the egg with raffia, for more detail and color.
Finally, create a loop through which the ornaments can be hung from a tree.
Happy Easter, to humans and birds alike!