This donut recipe freezes wonderfully, so do not hesitate to double or even triple the quantities so that you always have them on hand when you are craving something sweet.
After a single bite, you will fall in love with these mouthfuls of happiness. You will win the hearts of all your guests with these donuts.
Here is a little tip that you can use when cooking. To prevent your oil from burning, simply add a piece of potato to your oil.
You can sprinkle these little donuts with icing sugar or a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and the eggs.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a third bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture and gradually incorporate the flour.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest in the fridge for a few hours.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough (work in small batches, divide your dough into 4).
- Using a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out your donuts.
- In a skillet, heat about 2 inches of oil and place your donuts in the bubbling oil.
- Brown the donuts on each side.
You should be left with sometimes like this, does it make your mouth water?