Do you enjoy lemon-flavoured desserts? If the answer is yes, you will surely love these soft lemon cookies - they literally melt in your mouth! If the answer is no, you should still try these as they might make you change your mind! Either way, we hope you enjoy these!
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- One stick of butter (4 ounces, softened)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- ½ of powdered sugar (for dredging)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F/177 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, put the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a hand mixer. Add in the egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and food coloring if wanted. Beat until well combined.
- Working in batches, add the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
- Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture. Then, place it in the palm of your hand and roll it into a ball. Coat the cookie completely with the icing sugar.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet or a baking mat.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe in the video below.
Now it's time to bake!