Chamomile is not only relaxing when it is drunk as an infusion, it is also relaxing when one smells its sweet scent.
That's why we are offering you a recipe for plasticine for children with natural chamomile flowers. In addition to feeling divinely good, children will feel an incredible calming effect.
Isn't this an interesting idea? A sensory and olfactory activity that's easy to do at home and great for the kids in more than one way!
The kids are restless? Take out the plasticine! That is all!
What you'll need:
-2 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 cup of table salt
-1 1/2 cups of very hot water, almost boiling.
-30 g (2 tablespoons) cream of tartar (Spice section, Club House brand, actually)
- 15 ml (3 teaspoons) cooking oil (coconut oil or other oil)
-Fresh chamomile flowers
- (optional) yellow food coloring
- (optional) Essential chamomile oil
1) In a bowl, add flour, salt, oil, cream of tartar and mix well
2) Gradually add 1 1/2 very hot, almost boiling water
3) Mix the dough until you can easily make a ball with it
3) Let the dough rest for 5 minutes at room temperature
4) Add a little more yellow food coloring in the dough if you find that the color is not to your liking
5) (optional) For a more present scent of chamomile, you can add a few drops of essential chamomile oil in the dough and knead it again
6) Then add the camomile flowers and knead the dough so that all the flowers are well mixed with the dough
7) Place the modeling clay in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes before giving it to the children to play
8) Store the modeling clay in an airtight container and in the fridge to keep it for weeks
See all the details of making relaxing modeling clay in the following video:
Source: YouTube Natural Beach Living
Did you like this recipe? Share it!