Earwax is totally normal and natural! It is in fact very useful as it serves as a protective barrier for the ears. It helps prevent dirt, dust and unwanted elements from entering the ear. It acts as a "self-cleaning" tool for the ears! Therefore, it should not be removed too often.
However, having too much earwax, can become embarrassing and can cause ear plug. It can result in an infection of the ear canal and/or an ear infection. If this is case, consultation with a doctor is strongly. recommended.
There is a simple and effective grandma's remedy for removing earwax naturally.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 medicine dropper
- 1 sterilized compress
- Start by filling a cup with lukewarm water.
- Add in a teaspoon of baking soda and mix well to dissolve the baking soda in the water.
- Withdraw some of the solution with the dropper.
- Tilt your head to the side and inject the remedy into the ear.
- Leave the solution to act for 2 minutes in the ear.
- After 2 minutes, tilt your head to the side to drain the liquid.
- Wipe your ear with a sterilized pad.
- Repeat with the other ear, if needed.
Easy, fast and effective, this home remedy isn't it? It is better to use fine baking soda. This method is effective in removing small plugs of earwax that are hard or soft. If the plug is too big, go see a doctor to remove it.
It is strongly advised not to insert objects in the ear, even a cotton swab (Q-Tips) ! You risk damaging your eardrum, but also pushing all the dirt and earwax deep into the ear canal. And that can cause infections! You just have to clean the outside of the ear with a compress or towel. You can also use the swap to clean around the ear.
Do you get a lot of ear wax? How do you deal with the issue?
Source: Comment-Economiser · Photo Credit: Pinterest