This cake is incredibly quick to make and the end result is ... pretty amazing!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla tea
1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and diced (about 3 apples)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Brown sugar Icing
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla tea
1 tsp cream (15 or 35%)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until they are frothy. Add oil and vanilla and mix well.
4. Using a wooden spoon, incorporate the dry ingredients into the moist ingredients. Add the apples and pecans.
5. Pour the dough into the pan and cook for 35 to 40 minutes
6. In a small saucepan, bring to a boil all the ingredients of the icing.
7. Immediately pour over the hot cake and let cool down.