Try this recipe and you will love the divine taste of butter caramel sauce!
A divine taste that makes all the difference on a cake like this one!
YOU WILL NEED:For the cake:
-437.5 g (1 3/4 cup) of pitted and chopped dates
-285 g (1 and 1/8 cup) of cake flour
-3/4 cup (187.5 mL) of boiling water
-187.5 ml (3/4 cup) of white sugar
-82.5 g (1/3 cup) of butter
-5 g (1 tsp) of baking soda
-2 beaten eggs
For the sauce:
-187.5 g (3/4 cup) of brown sugar
-170 ml (2/3 cup) of sweetened condensed milk
-75g (1/3 cup) of butter
-5 ml (1 tsp) of vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 20 cm (8 ") bowl
2) In a bowl, mix the dates and the baking soda, and add boiling water to cover the dates, put aside.
3) In another bowl, mix 75 g (1/3 cup) of butter with sugar until having a light mixture. Add the beaten eggs and mix well. Then add the dates with their juice, add the flour and incorporate with the spatula. Transfer the dough into the greased cooking dish
4) Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is cooked.
5) Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, add brown sugar, 75g (1/3 cup) of butter, and condensed milk and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
6) Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract
7) Pour the sauce over the cake and cut individual portions while it is still a little hot, or cut individual portions and pour the sauce thereafter.