Do you like plants but don't have a green thumb? We suggest that you get cactus if it the case, since these plants could not be more resistant.
But, if you want to make sure that your cactus pots really last a long time, you can create some with simple stones, collected during your daily walks!
It's easy to do and it brings an extra touch of joy to a home!
You can do this craft with the kids, or alone, for a moment of creativity and relaxation.
It is also a great gift idea to give to loved ones. It's a safe bet that there are cactus collectors around you! They are very trendy at the moment.
So here's how to make rock painting cactus...
- Smooth stones
- Acrylic paint in various shades of green, yellow and white (or a white paint pencil)
- Tissue paper
- Strong glue
- A brush
- A terracotta pot (or several)
- Sand to fill the pot
1. In a plate, pour light green and dark green paint.
2. Paint the pebbles using these two colours with a paint brush.
3. Use white and pale green to draw various patterns on the stones following the patterns in the video at the bottom of this page, if desired.
4. Paint small a few pebbles with yellow paint.
5. Cut the tissue paper to make flowers to stick on the pebbles-cacti.
6. Pour sand into the pot and "plant" the fake cactus.
You can also create funny cacti by drawing eyes, smiles, etc! Have fun!
The whole process in the following video:
Will you try this craft at home?