The smell of these muffins cooking is fantastic! Your children will be happy when they will be back home
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar free applesauce
- 1/4 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of dark chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9-cups muffin tin and add water to the 3 remaining compartments.
In a large bowl, mix cocoa powder, oatmeal (reduce regular oat flakes into flour. Be sure to measure oats after flour), baking soda, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
In a second bowl, mix peanut butter (do not heat), apple sauce, Greek yogurt, vanilla and honey.
Add the dry ingredients to the moist ingredients and add the egg. Do not mix too much.
Stir in chocolate chunks.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.