We revisited the original classic recipe, a simplified version, baked and appreciated by all.
● 2 pounds of ground beef
● 1/2 cup of salted crackers, crushed
● 1 cup of milk
● 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
● 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
● 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
● 1/4 c. of Cayenne pepper
● All Purpose Flour
● Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
● 2 (10.75 ounces) cans of mushroom cream
● 1 1/2 cup of milk
● 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
In a bowl, mix the mushroom cream, milk and parsley.
In a second bowl, mix ground beef, crushed salted crackers, milk, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powder, then Cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
With your hands, mix the ingredients and form patties.
In a dish not too deep, pour 1 cup of flour and dredge all the patties in the flour.
In a large hot skillet, brown the patties on both sides.
Put the brown patties on the baking dish, then pour the sauce on the top.
Cover with cooking foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until meat is cooked.