We are naturally attracted by the beauty of hardwood floors, when they are well maintained and glossy, if not, they can quickly give a neglected appearance to the room.
If you believe that the best way to maintain wood floors is to use commercial products like Murphy's Oil or Pledge, you're wrong!
By mixing three ingredients that you always have on hand, you can make your hardwood floors and all your woodwork shiny again. This house tip will feed the grain of the wood while avoiding the accumulation of residues that tarnish the floor in the long run.
But before switching to this ultra-gloss formula, prepare your floor with this cleansing solution perfectly suited for wood floors:
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
- 2-3 drops of dish soap
- A spray bottle
- A Swiffer and a J-Cloth
- Incorporate the ingredients into the bottle starting with water, vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- Add a few drops of detergent and close the bottle.
- Stir vigorously and then spray the solution onto a J-cloth, which you then install on your Swiffer (fold the J-Cloth in two, it will fit perfectly on the mop).
- Clean the surface, rinse your J-Cloth, add product again and continue the operation (this way of cleaning minimizes water coming into contact with the floor, preventing it from becoming dull prematurely).
Source / photo credit:
Once the floor is dry, here is how to make it shine (by the way, this formula even hides small scratches :) ...
RECIPE (simply mix the following ingredients in a tightly sealed container):
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 10 drops of tea tree or essential oil
Apply the product on the sponge. Leave it for about ten minutes, then wipe off the excess so that it will be soft and dry (a dry mop will do the trick).
Source / photo credit: Men Clean
Your floors will be polished, you will want to admire them for hours!
Source: http://menclean.com/wood-floor-polish/#_a5y_p=2616578 · Photo Credit: Photo(s) à la une / article : Capture écran via Men Clean.com