A touch of Asian flavors,in a good crusty paste and well browned.
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of 5 Chinese spices (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage and grated carrots
- Egg rolls
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Canola oil for frying
For sesame sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
For the sauce
- In a large skillet, cook garlic and chili flakes. Add all remaining ingredients and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate.
For egg rolls
- Cook the pork with ginger, garlic, onion powder and 5 Chinese spices (if using) until the meat is cooked through.
- Preheat the oil to 375°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour and water.
- Arrange the dough in a diamond-shape in front of you, lacing 2 tablespoons of meat and 2 tablespoons of salad mixture in the center. Using the fingers, apply the flour mixture to the edges.
- Fold two corners to form a triangle, bend the sides and roll firmly.
- Fry the rolls until they are lightly browned and crunchy.
- Serve with sesame sauce.
Source: Spend with pennies · Photo Credit: istock