I tried everything to make my dishwasher wash better: I cleaned the drain, filled the rinse tank, did not pile my dishes, started the warmest and the longest cycle ... Nothing worked, many plates were dirty!
I said to myself, "Why not try my neighbor's dishwasher detergent recipe, she gave me the other day! What a good idea, since I have no more problems! Here's the recipe:
Here is what you need :
- 1/2 cup of Borax
- 1/2 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of citric acid
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon (or orange) essential oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar, 1 tablespoon (add or reduce according to the texture).
- Stir in the essential oil.
- The mixture should be slightly dry, but moist enough.
- Place the mixture in an ice cube tray.
- Let dry completely (minimum 2 hours).
- Remove on a parchment paper, then let rest to complete the drying (this can take a day).
Store in sealed tin away from moisture.