You find the Mod Podge glue expensive? Or you just do not have any glue at home to finish a project?
Did you know that there were several homemade recipes? I share some recipes with you today, do tests and choose your favorite! Mod Podge is also used as a varnish and has a glossy finish when dry, you will also find a recipe with varnish. And it only costs $2!
YOU WILL NEED:
- White glue, Elmers glue is fine, use glue containing polyvinyl acetate, or polyvinyl acetate.
- (Optional) acrylic varnish for artisanal paint
HOW TO DO:FOR THE GLUE-VARNISH WITH MATTE FINISH:
1) In a sealed jar add 1 part white glue for 1 part water
2) 3 parts white glue per 1 part water. And if the texture is a little too thick, add a little water with a spoon
FOR THE GLUE-VARNISH WITH SATIN FINISH:
1) Repeat recipe 1 or 2 above and
2) Add 15 to 30 ml (1 to 2 tablespoons) of glossy varnish
NOTE: Quantities can sometimes be readjusted if the temperature or product brands change. Also the opening date of one of the products could influence the interaction between the ingredients.
IMPORTANT: Water-based varnish exists in several brands. It is made in matte, semi-gloss and glossy, you have to take the glossy one, we can find it at Dollar.
Suggested gloss varnish
Use an airtight pot to keep the glue!