And the secret ingredient is ... Cloves
- 200g 85% lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1 can of tomatoes in cubes of 29 ounces
- 1 can of 29 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tomato paste at 6 oz
- 2 boxes of 7 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine
- 15 ounces of beef broth
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a frying pan, cook the ground beef until brown, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the fat and transfer the meat into a large saucepan.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion, celery and garlic and cook for 7 minutes and transfer to pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Source: Foodie crush · Photo Credit: istock