The ideal snack for the fall!
- 1 cup (100g) oatmeal (gruel)
- 3/4 cup (100g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) vegetable oil or melted margarine
- 1/2 banana, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup (125g) grated red apples
In a bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
In another bowl, whisk vegetable oil, banana, vanilla, maple syrup and grated apples.
Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165°C) and put a baking paper on a baking tray.
Place cookie dough into 12 balls, then flatten slightly.
Cook in the oven 15 to 18 minutes.