The best recipe for a light and moist white cake. The most important rule to respect in its realization ... The eggs and the milk must imperatively be at room temperature.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, softened but not too much
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter two 8-inch cake pans.
In a bowl, combine milk, egg whites and extracts.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add the butter, cut into cubes and continue to whisk at low speed for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add everything except 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and whisk at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes.
Add the remaining mixture and whisk for 1 minute.
Pour the dough evenly between the two prepared cake moulds.
Cook in the oven for 27 to 30 minutes.
Source: I am baker · Photo Credit: Capture image You tube