With time, we can find our ceramic tile flooring a bit boring ... Did you know that it was possible to modify it without needing to spend fortunes? This is what this woman did by painting her floor, making stencil patterns. It's all beautiful, see how she did:
- Chalk painting (a pot of white one and an anthracite one)
- A polyurethane sealant (you can decide which finish you want to get - matte or glossy)
- Paint rolls
- Scotch tape
- A stencil of the size of ceramic tiles
- A brush
What she did :
- She began by thoroughly cleaning the floor.
- She protected the baseboards and walls with tape.
- She gave several layers with anthracite paint.
- When the anthracite color was opaque and dry, she installed her stencil on each ceramic, then she painted with white paint.
- It is at this moment that you need a little patience and meticulousness. Wipe your stencil well between each use to avoid burrs.
- She has done some touche ups with a brush so that the contours are sharp.
- She allowed to dry overnight, then she applied a first coat of sealer.
- She let dry two hours between each layer. She applied four layers in total.
And here's the result !