Tender and juicy, the turkey is excellent. A slow cooker recipe with no effort!
- 1 5-pound turkey breast, fully thawed
- 5 stalks celery, cut in half
- 2 yellow onions, cut in half
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter, to be divided
- 1 tablespoon minced and dry garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Spray slow cooker with a nonstick cooking spray and add half of the onions, celery and carrots.
Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables and place the turkey breast on the vegetables.
Insert the onion halves inside the turkey with 4 tablespoons butter.
In a bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients. Rub the seasonings on the turkey, on and under the skin.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and, brush the whole turkey.
Cover and cook at high heat for 1 hour then lower the heat and continue cooking for 5 to 7 hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F.
Remove and bone the turkey.
Serve with vegetables.