Easy to do, it is perfect to receive friends.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 kg of 1 to 2 inch stewed cubes
- 1/4 cup flour, to coat the meat before adding to the slow cooker
- 5 to 10 red potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced carrots, about 3-4
- 2 cups sliced celery, 3-4 stems
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth or canned broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. spice tea
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Set slow cooker at low intensity.
- Add all vegetables and meat directly to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the spices (except the bay leaf), the oil, the wine and the beef broth. Pour over meat and vegetables. Add the bay leaf.
- Stir gently, cover and cook over low heat for 9 to 10 hours, if time does not allow you, set the slow cooker to high intensity and cook for 6 to 7 hours.
- To thicken the stew, about 30 minutes before serving, remove 1/2 cup from the slow cooker. Add 2 tsp. cornstarch, stir and pour in slow cooker.