A successful puff pastry.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons vodka or vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Place butter, shortening and vodka in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add 3/4 cup flour, salt and sugar. Mix.
- Add butter and shortening, mix well and add remaining flour.
- Pour cold vodka and ice water. With a spatula, form a ball with the dough.
- Wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough.