The real American pancakes are thick and fluffy ... Wonderful! If you want to be the best pancake chef, try this recipe!
What's the secret?
Avoid whipping and vigorously brewing the dough. The flour should not develop its gluten, and gluten free preserves the suppleness of the dough! ;-)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour the egg mixture.
- Stir with a spatula (rubber spatula) until the ingredients are combined. There will be some lumps in your dough at this time, it's normal, do not brew too much the dough!
- Sieve the dough, cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, then, using a paper towel, lightly brush the pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the dough into the pan.
- When the pancake is well browned and the bubbles begin to appear on the surface (2-3 minutes), turn over.
- Cook the other side until lightly browned (1-2 minutes).
- Repeat with remaining dough, brush with oil between each pancake.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.
This is the recipe you need, for perfect pancakes!