In the time of the Twilight madness, I was a Jacob team, even though I had nothing against Edward. Jacob was just more ... that's it, he was just the best!
Why do I tell you about Twilight? I have the same relationship with the caramel as with Jacob vs. Edward: I'm really team Caramel, even if I have nothing against the Chocolate team! I love chocolate, but I adooooore the caramel!
This toffee is one of the best I've eaten in a long time: it's the third time I make it (I give it as a gift too!) And it is successful every time.
It's a big recipe of 8 cups of caramel, so treat yourself!
- 2.5 cups of corn syrup
- A bag of 2 pounds of brown sugar
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 can of condensed milk (Eagle Brand type)
- 3/4 of a box of milk filled up with water
- 8 Mason jars of 250 ml (optional)
- Pour the corn syrup, brown sugar and butter into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add the condensed milk and water, then stir to incorporate the ingredients.
- Pour into containers and refrigerate. You can also eat it ... :)
This caramel can be stored for a month in the refrigerator!