You do it automatically, with each load, you remove the filter and you throw the foam that the filter gathered, but did you know that this is not enough?
If you use a fabric softener of any kind, this simple product makes the filter of your dryer slightly waterproof. This means that water and all residues and air will no longer circulate as they should through the filter, which could cause fires if the filter is not emptied and cleaned regularly.
In 2012 a report from the Fire Administration of the United States has estimated 2,900 dryer fires per year. An estimate of $35 million loss of property. This administration reported that not cleaning the filter and the dryer was the leading cause in 34% of residential fires related to dryers.
It is therefore very important to make sure to regularly CLEAN and empty the filter of your dryer.
HOW TO DO:
1) Remove the filter from the dryer
2) Remove all possible foam with your fingers
3) Wet the filter and see how the water no longer passes through
4) Simply brush the filter with a soft brush to remove any fabric softener residue
5) Rinse and repeat until the water flows through the filter
6) Repeat once a month
See how dangerous this may be it's not cleaned!