A good piece of meat pie with turkey, cranberries, potatoes, with sauce ... My God, I love the cooking of the holiday season! I believe that by becoming an adult, we love Christmas for the food rather than unpack gifts! ;-)
My mother's meat pie is really good, this is the best I've ever tasted (and I tasted a lot)! I give you her recipe because I am a generous woman! Hahaha!
- 3 / 4lb lean ground pork
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. clove, ground
- 1/4 tsp. four-spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Sarriette tea
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 pie dough
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the spices. Cook for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Return the heat to medium-high, then cook the minced meat in the same pan.
- Break the meat and cook for 5 minutes. Do not brown and do not overcook so that the meat is not dry.
- Put the vegetables to the pan and add the potatoes.
- Pour the beef broth, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Roll the dough, then place it in a large pie plate.
- Add the cooled meat to the dough, taping it lightly with a spoon to avoid air spaces.
- Brush the edge of the pie with the beaten egg and cover with the other pastry dough.
- Pinch the edges to seal the patty, then brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Everyone will say "yummy yummy " around the table !
This recipe is 1 large pie.