Here are 13 little miracles that vinegar can accomplish, outside your home. Click on “Open gallery” to take a look.
We know vinegar for its different uses in the kitchen and for all the little miracles it performs in the house when it comes time to do the housework!
But would did you think it could also be useful in the garden and for your vegetable garden?
As vinegar is very inexpensive, you will be very happy to learn that it will be able to perform real miracles all around the house!
And you'll be surprised how much it can replace a lot of expensive products!
We're talking about big savings just for the summer season!
Here are 13 little miracles that vinegar can accomplish, outside your home!
1) Wash the clay pots: Clean your terracotta pots! A simple solution not to get rid of these beautiful pots!
2) Get rid of these ants that invade you: Mix some water and white vinegar in equal amounts and spray this mixture wherever you see ants inside the house, outside the house and up to the anthill.
3) Get rid of all pests! Aphids eat your plants, fruits and vegetables in the vegetable garden? Spray a mixture of 3 parts water and 1 part white vinegar on your plants and shoots. All insect pests will stay away. They hate the smell of vinegar.
4) Kill those ugly weeds: Spray it directly on the weeds or prepare the following recipe: 3 liters of white vinegar, 100 g of salt, a few drops of dish soap for the mixture to cling well to the weeds and a bottle spray. Spray this recipe on hot, sunny days. The herbs will dry and die in no time.
5) Protect your plants and flowers from mushrooms: White vinegar is a powerful fungicide. So treat your plants infested with fungi with vinegar! Add 10 ml (2 tsp) of white vinegar to a chamomile infusion and mix well. Spray this mixture on affected plants. A safe and environmentally safe remedy!
6) Acidify the soil of your garden: Some plants such as rhododendrons, azaleas and gardenias love more acidic soils. Then with a little white vinegar you can make them happy! Mix 250 ml (1 cup) of white vinegar in 4 liters of water and spray these plants with this recipe.
7) A trap for fruit flies in your trees: Mix 250 ml (1 cup) of water, with 125 mL (1/2 cup) of apple cider vinegar, and add 70 g of white sugar, and 15 mL (1 tbsp) molasses in a pot with a lid you will pierce with a nail. Hang this pot to a fruit tree infested with fruit flies to catch them all in less than 2 weeks.
8) Eliminate rust on your gardening accessories: Soak the accessories overnight before rinsing thoroughly with clean water.
9) Eliminate dandelions on your lawn: Spray pure white vinegar on dandelions every 2 or 3 days. They will eventually dry and die.
10) A great animal repulsive: Do you hate animals that hang in your garden, but especially those stray cats that come to make their natural needs in the sandbox of your children? Did you know that they did not like the smell of vinegar? Same for dogs and small rodents like moles, rabbits and many others. A good way to get rid of these intruders is to dip a cloth in white vinegar and hang it on pegs at the ground level around your vegetable garden or the sandbox of your children. Soak the cloth in vinegar once a week or after a heavy rain.
11) Increase the lifetime of your cut flowers: Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) of white vinegar and 5 g (1 tsp) of white sugar per liter of water in a vase to keep your cut flowers longer.
12) Get rid of slugs: Spray pure white vinegar on the slugs or around the kitchen garden to protect it from slugs. The smell will dissuade them.
13) Wash the manger, the hut, and the bird bath: Once a year as soon as winter ends and before the birds choose a place to make their new nest in the spring, it is important to wash the bird feeder, bath and house. White vinegar is perfect for this task since it disinfects both. Prepare a mixture of half water half white vinegar in a spray bottle.