Do your kids love playing with Slime? And are also fascinated by erupting volcanoes?
Have you ever done a volcanic project with them? Maybe they did one in class?
What if you could have an experience that combined these two experiences that he or she is so crazy about and you could make it at home? We guarantee you that this experience is one of the craziest and most fun you'll ever have with your kids!
Plus, nothing can stop you from creating this recipe in the color of your choice! In blue or green, this bubbling Slime could be very fun! Like monster glue, or very exciting alien blood!
Here's the recipe for Slime Special Edition: Volcanic Eruption
What you'll need:
-One-cup (125 mL) white Elmer's or LePage glue
-15 ml (1 tablespoon) saline solution. (Solution for contact lenses)
-30 g (2 tablespoons) of baking soda
1/4 cup (65 mL) white vinegar
-Food coloring: yellow and red
- Small container to mix the ingredients and make the volcano
-A small cup for mixing white vinegar and serum
-A rather high and narrow container
-A spoon for mixing
-Service tray or baking tray
Tip number 1
for a more beautiful volcano, the chemical reaction will be better in a narrow higher container than in a shorter and wider container.
1) In a bowl add the glue and baking soda. You will notice that the baking soda thickened by mixing it with the glue.
2) This is when you should add the saline solution and mix again.
Tip number 2:
Experience this Slime recipe with different amounts of baking soda! You will love this!
3) To get a volcano with warm colors of lava, you will need yellow and red. Add 5 drops of yellow food coloring to the glue and mix well. Then add 2 drops of red food coloring and mix well again. But nothing prevents you from making this Slime experiment in any color you choose!
4) Now, in another bowl, mix the white vinegar and the saline solution
Tip number 3:
You can also play with the amount of white vinegar you add.
5) Place the container on a serving tray, or baking tray
6) Now it's time to pour the mixture of white vinegar and saline into the glue mixture and stir!
7) You will see the mixture boiling and popping everywhere! This is why you need to place it on a tray, to contain the mess!
8) Continue stirring until it becomes more and more difficult to stir. And it will be, because you are making your Slime!
9) Once the Slime is impossible to mix in the pot, take it out and start kneading it in your hands. It will be a bit sticky at first, but the natural oils of your hands will make it less sticky to knead. If it's still too sticky, add one or two drops of saline solution and continue kneading.
See all the fabricationsteps in the video:
Source:Little Bins for Little Hands
Do you like this Slime Special Edition recipe: Erupting Volcano? Share it!