Perhaps you and your family loves banana bread, but sometimes it is good to change things up, maybe something that will be different? The recipe we offer you fully meets all your expectations.
This cherry bread is different, delicious and easy to make! What could be better to please your family?
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 jars of maraschino cherries
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and grease a loaf pan using butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil and egg.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice.
- Chop finely the cherries using your food processor or a knife.
- Gently fold the cherries into the batter mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, cherry juice and almond extract.
- Spread the icing on top of the bread. Enjoy!
Watch the following video to see in detail all the steps involved in preparing this wonderful dessert that your whole family will love.
This cherry bread will be a hit, guaranteed!
What is your favourite "bread" recipe?
Source: Tastes of Lizzy T · Photo Credit: Pinterest