What a great idea! This soup bowl cushion will keep the soup hot, and you won't burn yourself when the bowl is too hot!
Would you like to make one too?
YOU WILL NEED:
-2 squares of fabric of 25.4 cm (10 ")
-2 squares of cotton lining of 25.4 cm (10 ")
-A washable marker
-A sewing machine
TIP:If you plan to use the "bowl cushion" in the microwave, make sure you use 100% cotton instead of polyester.
1) Cut 2 squares of fabric and 2 squares of cotton lining to 25.4 cm (10 ")
2) Make a seam from the bottom left corner to the top right corner and from the bottom right corner to the top left corner on each square to make an X
3) Fold the fabric in half so that you see the lining and make a mark at 5.08 cm (2 ") from the top and at 2.54 cm (1") from the fold
4) Sew on these marks making sure to go back and forth at the beginning and at the end of the seams to solidify the whole
5) Cut excess of fabric on the corner to 3 mm (1/8 ") from the seam
6) Fold the square in the opposite direction and make a mark at 5.08 cm (2 ") from the top and 2.54 cm (1") from the fold. Draw a diagonal line from point to point. Repeat this on the bottom corner of the folded side.
7) Make a seam on the line and cut excess of fabric on the corner to 3 mm (1/8 ") from the seam
8) Repeat steps 3 and 7 with the other square of fabric to have these 2 identical pieces
9) Turn the fabrics over
10) Turn a bowl upside down
11) Stack the bowls, fabric against fabric and pin the outline with the head pins
12) Sew with the machine 6 mm (1/4 ") from the edge, leaving a 7" (3 ") opening
13) Turn the fabric over
14) And sew again
What a great idea !!