A salt shaker drags on the counter in your kitchen right now and you only use it to flavor your dishes?
So you must know that salt is very versatile and can solve a whole range of household problems!
It is easy to use, it is more economical than many expensive cleaning products, and is easy to obtain.
Between the fact that it can help you make disappear a stain of wine and to soften your cuticles, there are 13 other utilities with salt ...
You doubt it?
HERE ARE 15 METHODS OF USING SALTIN THE HOUSE!
1) Degrease the kitchen sponge:
After cleaning a skillet, the sponge may be covered with grease. If it is still good and not worn enough to throw it in the bin, you can wash it. Add a good handful of salt in 500 ml (2 cups) of water and let the greasy sponge soak overnight in this salted water. In the morning, rinse the sponge with clean water. It will be like a new one again!
2)Keep the colors of your clothes:
Add 250 to 500 g (1 to 2 cups) of salt directly into the machine to keep the vibrant colors of your new towels or new clothes longer. This helps the colors become fade less quickly.
3) Make a natural deodorant for the home:
Scrape the skin of half an orange, a lemon, or a grapefruit and fill it with coarse salt. And if you want, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. It's a healthy way to perfume your home!
4) Eliminate the coffee stains in the cups:
Rub the inside of the cups with coarse salt before rinsing. The salt is used as an abrasive and cleans all dirt!
5)Cool down white wine faster:
Salt will help you cool white wine faster than the freezer. Here's how: Place the wine bottle in a bucket with ice and water, then add a handful of salt. A chemical reaction occurs between ice and salt and the wine will become cold faster than placing it in the freezer.
6)Eliminate a stain of wine on a carpet:Add a good amount of salt on the stain making sure you cover the entire stain. Allow the salt to absorb a maximum of liquid for at least 1 hour. This trick works on the majority of liquids, from red wine to coffee!
7) Eliminate mold:
Salt water will prevent mold from accumulating on your shower curtain. Start by washing your curtain in the washing machine then soak the curtain in the bath with some water and 500 g (2 cups) of salt. This will prevent mold from re-appearing on the shower curtain. Keep a bottle of salt water in the bathroom and spray the shower curtain once a week.
8) Eliminate odors in smelly shoes:Sprinkle a generous amount of salt in your smelly boots or shoes before going to sleep and shake them in the morning before removing the salt. Salt acts as a deodorant to refresh your shoes.
9) Cure dry skin and calm acne.
Salt contains moisturizing and healing properties that help with dry skin or people who suffer from itching and even with certain skin conditions such as excema and psoriasis. Add 250 g (1 cup) of sea salt to a warm bath and take a warm bath. The homemade salt masks are also excellent! Mix 1 part salt to 2 parts honey. This house mask calms the inflammations associated with acne.
10) Eliminate bad odor on hands:
Sometimes our hands smell like garlic or onions. After washing them thoroughly with soap, moisten your hands with water, then rub them together with salt. Be careful, if you have injuries on your hands, salt will hurt!
11) Clean a sticky iron:Place a piece of waxed paper on a flat surface or on the ironing board and sprinkle salt on the waxed paper. Set the iron at high temperature and when it is hot, move it on the waxed paper so that the salt cleans the sticky surface of the iron.
12) Give yourself a manicure:
Mix 5 g (1 tsp) of salt, 5 g (1 tsp) of baking soda and 5 mL (1 tsp) of lemon juice in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of hot water. Soak your fingers for at least 10 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water. This treatment will help soften your cuticles and strengthen your nails.
13) Calming a bee sting:Cover a bee sting with salt, then cover with a damp compress. The salt will soothe the bite. (NOTE:If you are allergic to bee stings, or if you suffer from swelling, or shortness of breath, choking, go to the emergency room immediately!)
14) A homemade exfoliator:
Do you know sugar scrubs? This time it's a salt scrub! And it's just as good to refine the dead skin cells in addition to leaving skin smoother and brighter. Mix salt with a little bit of olive oil to make a salt scrub and keep the skin well moistened.
MORE TIPS:Have you ever refuses a dish in a restaurant for any reason? And you thought that brought you back the exact same one, rather than doing your whole dish again. To avoid this, cover your dish with salt so that it is very apparent. So you will be certain they will not bring you the same plate! ;)