Bagels are a breakfast staple for many families and with reason, they are so delicious and quite filing. But what if we told you that you can make your own bagels using only two ingredients and is low-calorie recipe? You must try it!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (2% or more)
Note: Do not substitute for all-purpose flour, the recipe will not work.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Mound flour on clean countertop or cutting board and scoop yogurt in the center.
- Kneading it together until it forms a dough using your hands. Continue to knead until the dough has some elasticity is no longer sticky.
- Form a ball with the dough and slice into 8 separate balls.
- Roll ball into a log and loop the two ends together to form a bagel. Repeat will all the pieces.
- Place bagels on a prepared sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 500°F bagels should be brown on top. Enjoy!
If you wish, you can add delicious toppings to your bagels! First, you will need to brush the bagel with egg wash and sprinkle with your favourite toppings such as:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Dried onion flakes
- Mini chocolate chips
What is your favourite bagel kind?