Fondant is a malleable dough made from powdered sugar, glucose, water and sometimes glycerine, which is used to decorate cakes. It is not easy to find, you have to go to specialty shops or pastry shops. It's a shame because it's an easy and fast way to beautifully decorate our cakes for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, baptisms ...
After some research, I can finally give you a simple fondant recipe to make at home with ingredients you can find at the grocery store.
You will need:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 ounces powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 4 ounces of marshmallow paste
Photo credit :http: //mylittleamerica.com/fr / ...
You must :
- Melt the butter.
- Take a spoon of melted butter, then set aside. This will allow you to take the marshmallow paste without it sticking to the spoon.
- Coat your hands with the melted butter (make sure it is warm, but not hot when you apply it).
- Sprinkle some of the sugar on a cutting board.
- Place the marshmallow paste over it, then cover with another portion of the powdered sugar.
- Use hands to put sugar in marshmallow paste.
- Mix with hands and add sugar until smooth.
- If your hands become too sticky, dip them into the melted butter and continue to knead.
- Coat the fondant ball in plastic wrap and ideally let stand in the refrigerator overnight before using it.
If you want to get a colorful fondant, add a few drops of food coloring, then knead the fondant.
These amounts give about 1 cup of fondant.
There you go ! You have fondant and you can have fun making sumptuous cakes like this one:
Photo credit: Fotolia
Source: popsugar · Photo Credit: Fotolia