The refrigerator is an essential item in every home.
While it is the most important appliance in the kitchen, it can become a mess quickly. Often times we are being in a rush and we don't always take the time to put organize the food, don't even get me started on the children!
A refrigerator also needs a good deep cleaning a few times a year, and this task should never be overlooked.
With these 13 easy hacks, you can keep your fridge clean and tidy all year around.
1. Small plastic baskets will keep your fridge tidy. You can organize the foods by category!
2. Transfer the condiments into plastic bottles. They will take up less space and be more organized.
3. Use identification labels for the doors. This will help other family members to put food in the right spot!
4. Avoid waste by putting foods that need to be eaten first in a separate compartment. Identify this compartment with a label to make sure everyone sees it.
5. Put all the healthy snacks together in one compartment. Perfect for the kids to find them easier and faster.
6. Clean your stainless steel refrigerator by using a little baby oil on a clean and soft cloth. Simply rub in the direction of the grain and let dry.
7. Add small metal shelves to your fridge to create additional space.
8. Deodorize the refrigerator by placing a can of baking soda inside. If desired, you can also add a few drops of a citrus essential oil.
9. For an easier clean-up, place small vinyl placemats on the shelves. Perfect if you have kids!
10. Spruce up your old fridge by decorating it with daily menu. The kids will stop asking you!
12. Place condiment bottles upside down on empty egg cartons. They will stop falling from the doors!
13. Organizing foods in the fridge by putting a rotating serving tray.
Here are two DIY recipes to clean the inside of your fridge without chemicals.
In a spray bottle, mix 3 cups (750 mL) of distilled water, 3 tbsp. of lemon Castile soap, 10 drops of lemon essential oil and 5 drops of basil essential oil.
To make a homemade disinfectant, pour 1 cup (250 ml) of vinegar, 2 tbsp. dish soap and 2-3 drops of orange essential oil in a spray bottle. Fill with hot water and spray the surfaces.
Do you have a special way of organizing your fridge?